Threshold PEP is used for airway clearance, bronchial hygiene, or as an alternative to chest physical therapy. Threshold PEP incorporates a flow-independent, oneway valve to ensure consistent resistance with adjustable specific pressure settings (in cm H2O) which are set by the healthcare professional. When patients exhale through Threshold PEP, the resistive load creates positive pressure that helps open the airways and allows mucus to be expelled during “huff” coughing (forced expiratory technique).
1.Flow-independent one-way valve is suitable for all patients
2. Works in any position for effective therapy
3.Improved mobilization helps clear lungs
Using the Threshold PEP helps patients breathe more freely. It improves mobilization and prevents accumulation of secretions.
4. Optimizes bronchodilation for improved gas exchange
When combined with respiratory drug delivery via nebulizer or MDI spacer devices, the Threshold PEP promotes effective breathing.
5. Constant pressure removes the need for a pressure indicator
6. Resistance training for improved central and peripheral airway function
7. Mouthpiece/mask option for flexibility
8. Convenient design is reliable and easy to clean
The Threshold PEP is made of durable, high-impact acrylic.